Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Let there be Light!

So after my attempt at using the shop light I had failed with the light dying, I decided to use the existing shop light I bought some years ago for a work bench that I never made.

Basically I have gone to various forums and gotten the same response "You need light, air, and water".  Light being the critical element my plants have not had.

I assembled the light using 2x daylight 40 bulbs size T12.
I used 1 x 2"x4" and cut it in half.  Found some scrap 2x4 to build the feet and a 1x4 to use as the cross bar.  I now have a hanging light with a rigged up pulley system to raise the lights as needed.  Next objective is to get a fan.  I'm sure I have one somewhere.



1 comment:

  1. I think you'll see a huge improvement here. They'd like to be even closer to the light if you can manage it -- books or boards to prop up the plants could do the trick if you can't lower the chains at all. They like to be practically up in the light, if possible.

    ReplyDelete