Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Its a Go-Kart!!!!

Its been a week or so since last post.  Since then my plants are growing strong.  True leaves are forming.  I have sprouts in the box of 24 I did.  I have put those in a very sunny window sill since I am running out of room on my desk in the garage where the light is.

My clear solo cups are sprouting like crazy.  I have moved most of them into the garage where the light is.

I have planted some other veggies & herbs to germinate, so we will see how they pan out.

So I have moved into ground preparation.  I am using a long strip of my back yard to plant this garden.  Thanks to Vandy, I borrowed his roto-tiller (It's really a Go-Kart).

I followed some online advice and set the tiller high to chop up the grass layer.  I raked out the grass.  Then I lowered it and went to town on the dirt.  This is first phase of site preparation.  Next I need to buy the special planters mix at Luxury Landscape and till that into the earth.  Setup my beds, fence it out. (Gertie, our boxer,  was already into the patch with a face full of dirt. Dirtie Gertie.  The last thing I want to hear coming home one day is "Gertie got into your tomatoes".  So chicken wire here I come.

I will post some pics of the plants later.  Here is some of the the site.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment