Saturday, March 26, 2011

Round 2.... Begin

Ok.  So my first attempt has not gone so well but I'm not giving up.  My transfer from pellet to gallon pot was not too successful.  My spindly cotyledons are still spindly although some are starting to show the forming of a true leaf.

Tonight I have started ROUND 2.

Round 2 basic overview:
Bought a 24 pellet window sill seed house, a bag of jiffy seed starter and Miracle Gro sphagnum peat moss. a package of 10 oz Solo clear cups.

I drilled three holes in each cup. 1 each side and 1 on the bottom.
I mixed the Jiffy seed starter and Miracle Gro together and packed about 5 oz per cup.
I soaked the moss mixture and used a pencil to place a seed approx 1" deep.  We will see how it takes.

The 24 pellet box has been used with the remaining seeds such as 4x Black Krim, 6 x Ace 55, 8 x Borgo Cellano, 6 x Lillian Yellow.

The cups have been filled with varieties such as Green Zebra, Green Grape, Hartmanns Yellow Gooseberry, Yellow Pear, Amish Paste, Anna Russian, Pink Oxheart.

I have also setup a shop light scenario to give light and warmth.  The basis for most of this has been using things I have available rather than purchasing expensive grow systems and such.

We'll see how it goes.  Fingers crossed.

Here's some pics

1 comment:

  1. I think a shoplight will be the answer to your problems. What were they growing under before? Just ambient lighting inside?

    I don't think pine-sol killed anything. You may have had damping off.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete