Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Starting to Save Seeds for Next Year

Here is a pic of my most bountiful harvest.  Finally was able to get a couple 
Amish Paste (top right oval shape), only have had 2 ripen from this plant.


As to the title of the post, Its Seed Saving time.  I am saving as many as I can, but will probably only plant 4 types next year (so I say :) ).  

Starting from left to right:

Black Krim: This has been one of my most producing plants with large fruit too.  Very pleased and I enjoy the flavor too.  Very natural tasting and not scary although people question dark tomatoes.

MYSTERY: Yes this one is a mystery.  I had planted Mortgage Lifter and Ace 55 in my garden.  I pulled one ACE 55 for issues with growth (see earlier posts about shriveled mini plant), and the other that I thought was ACE 55 has turned out to be Green Zebra. (Labeling is very important, I should heed my own advice).

Hartmans Yellow Gooseberry:  So far this guy has to be #1 on my list.  Its produced so many tomatoes and is very healthy.  I have 3 of these guys growing currently.  I will definitely do this one again.  Yum Yum!

(Pink) Oxheart:  I think this is a hold over from last years plants I got from Perry.  It is an oxheart shape but more red than pink.  The only other possibility is Anna Russian.



No comments:

Post a Comment