Thursday, June 30, 2011

R.I.P. Ace 55

I pulled the trigger and dug up the Ace 55 plant yesterday (6/29/11).  I bagged it and trashed it.

Good bye Ace 55.  I hope you didn't spread your viral infection to your brothers and sisters.

So it was a self diagnosis with a little help from online bloggers.  I determined it was Cucumber Mosaic Virus (CMV).  Here is a link to some good info on CMV, Cucumber Mosiac Virus

Here is a pic from the above link that was very similar to what I was facing (Shoe String Appearance in leaves)

The plant started real nice, but then hit a patch of stunted growth and very odd looking leaves and blooms.
Almost like a miniature tomato plant.  In addition the tomatoes I found growing on it, were very very small and malformed.  I do not regret the decision to pull it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment