Tuesday, June 7, 2011

FIRST TOMATO ---- OxHeart

Well. As I tended to the plants yesterday I noticed this guy


I'm pretty excited to see this as this is a plant from last year.  This is pink OxHeart and from seeds I saved from fruit of last year.  So this is the odd ball.  Plus to add he is grown in straight Georgia Red Clay with no remediation of the soil or special additives.

Side Note:  I am running a few other experiments too.  I have one shoot trying to root in some water, another rooting in soil.  Also I have started to try and root a gardenia.  Boy if I could root the gardenias, my whole house will be surrounded. hehehe

1 comment:

  1. Im gonna have to try oxhearts one year,I'm new to the many diff.kinds of toms.I used to just pick up plants at the big box stores till I discovered wintersowing toms and now for the last two years I have been trying new to me tomatos.

    ReplyDelete