Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Sitrep Normal All conditions good so far....

So far so good.  Not holding my breath or fingers crossed.

Some updates.  I have planted 5 plants outside of the boxes.  I made wire cages out of welded wire, compliments of Stephen (Thanks Stephen!!).  I used newspaper for mulch on the bottoms of the plants in the cages.

I have also put newspaper around the bottom of the mortgage lifter plant.  He seems to be the weakest of the crew.  The others are doing well.

I learned I only need to water about 10-15 mins every other day as long as I check my "dip stick".

Dip Stick: Found on a tomato site.  Gardener uses a wooden dowel in the raised bed.  Check dowel before watering, if dark and moist, no water needed, if light and dry water needed.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Tim,
    I found your blog on the GardenWeb blog roll list. I love your raised garden, it looks very nice. I'm sorry to hear that things aren't going well so far... but the seasons just beginning! Hopefully things will go better soon. I also like the dipstick idea, that's a good one. Looking forward to following your progress, good luck!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete